For those who haven’t heard, I recently joined the ranks of the unemployed. Rather than dwell on the downsides (the ongoing ravages of Blackberry withdrawal, for instance), let’s look at how the glass is half full, shall we?
1. Free donuts! I need to find this place . . .
2. What better way to soften the blow than to get laid off right before March Madness begins?
3. I always wanted to learn to macrame.
4. When I lose patience with all the quirky online applications, I get to take the boys on a bike ride.
5. Jen and I can practice sharing the home computer since I’m temporarily out a laptop. “Are you done with that yet?”
6. I feel like I’m swimming in an ocean of possibilities. Granted, most of them are still inchoate and/or theoretical, but still.
7. I no longer take my Blackberry everywhere and check it incessantly. Oh wait, that’s not an advantage. Moving on . . .
8. Could be wrong about this, but I think people generally have more sympathy for the unemployed than they do for lawyers.
9. I think it may be time to take one of those “vacations” I’ve heard so much about.
10. Did I mention it’s March Madness time? Go Duke!!